Thursday, February 2, 2006

The TeaCup Elf

a tiny giggle floted on the scent of mint, of cherry, of cinnamon tea and of sweet sugray cookies and pies. I looked at the table and almost laughed at the thought that the cakes had produced the childish laughter. Close to being bored to death, I sleeply observed the older women talking and gossiping, of what? I don't know, none of it was interesting to me...Fighting the urge to yawn I blinked twice when i heard another giggle and two cookies tumbled down to the mint colored napkins. I turned to see the other people, none seemed to have hear anything. When I returned my view to the table a little figure sat by the fallen cookies. Almost like a doll, slim and pretty, with a little teacup as a hat and a ribbon tied 'round her tiny waist. I smiled down at the toy and nearly gasped when I saw it munching on a crub. With a wide smile it chewed away, opened her eyes and giggled again.

Gouache on canson paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment